Day 14 - Feast (2005)

This is definitely one of the most WTF movies I've ever seen. It feels like each time I watch Feast my brain must subconsciously go in and block out the more ridiculously gratuitous aspects, otherwise I don't think there's any way I would have watched it as many times as I have. Forewarning: if witnessing a violent cross species face rape doesn't sound like your cup of tea, stay the hell away from this movie. Yeah, that happens. It isn't pretty.

In a bar in the middle of nowhere, a handful of strangers is confronted with a nightmare beyond imagining when a group of inexplicable monsters traps them inside, picking them off one at a time while they struggle to escape. There are a few amusing nuances and twists that make it enjoyable, but that's about the extent of it. There isn't much to Feast beyond a few good laughs and several gross out, over the top scenes, and that seems to be the whole point, just to push the envelope. And if this first film doesn't do that sufficiently then Feast 2 and 3 certainly do.

Feast isn't a bad movie, nor is it a good movie. If you enjoy those films that are all about trying to gross out the audience, then Feast is right up your alley. If, on the other hand, you have a bit of a weak stomach, you won't make it ten minutes in.

For day 15 I will be reviewing Pumpkinhead (1988).

No comments:

Post a Comment